Building the Right Attitude While Learning How to Write Dissertations
Do you know how to write a dissertation? Let us count the ways. Surely, it would not be limited to one. You are not the first and only person who was asked to submit a research paper. There have been ones before you who might have had to learn things for themselves. Fortunately for you, the worldwide web grants you easy access to the resources- guidelines, tips, sample dissertations– that you need. When you have those and the will and determination to pull things through, everything else should come easy. And when you talk about thesis writing, you can be assured that there are more ways than one to get the job done.
Conducting research is not a one-step process. It follows a certain flow and methodology. Knowing how to write dissertations is similar to in a way. As you may know now, the whole dissertation process progresses according to an outline made. Refer to the dissertation proposals that you have submitted. The outline presented in your proposal is the same framework you have to trace. Refresh your mind with how a thesis should look like and know what other things you need to posses as you proceed with writing your dissertation.
A basic research paper has these essential parts:
1. Introduction: includes a background of the study, purpose and scope
2. Review of Related Literature: a review of related works
3. Methodology: includes data gathering and analysis
4. Results: presenting the findings after conducting your research
5. Discussion: analyzing the impact the results have, recommendations and conclusion
Frankly, it is easy to follow an outline. But with writing a research paper, it takes more than that to produce a substantial work that makes a lot of sense. It is then important that you master the art of how to write a dissertation and learn what kind attitude you need to have or at least put on while still working on your research.
- Formulate an outline. Allow yourself to be guided by an outline based on your dissertation proposal.
- Build a Structure. Add more details to your outline and build a structure for your research. This time, be clear with the things that you want to focus on, set limitations so you do not stray away.
- Schedule Your Activities. Plan your activities, set appointments and mark deadlines, draw a time line and most importantly, stick to it. Do away with procrastination and make discipline your close friend.
- Do Research. With researching, you do in-depth investigation on information you want to include in your paper. This is where you explore your topic.
- Organize. Put things in order- both your thoughts and your notes.
- Be accurate. Once you already know how to write dissertations, be accurate and uphold integrity when you actually start putting everything on paper.
- Be ethical. In line with the previous point, be aware of the different ethics and be guided by these when you start writing your dissertation. There are restrictions when it comes to the things you can expose or write about and the manner you present them.
- Assess. Always review and evaluate your accomplishments. When you are done with one chapter, assess and see if you have to make revisions. Remember that all things should start as a draft.