Capping every degree which one chooses to finish is the completion of a research paper. Whether you are off to graduating in baccalaureate or in post graduate studies, research is a requirement which you need to undergo. This is the final test every student should face in order to prove his worth for graduation. The task seems very tedious because the general research format requires not only data gathering skills but also mathematical, statistical and analytical abilities.
But before going through the process of constructing any investigative study, the researcher is bound to face one crucial stage and that is choosing the topic and defending the title. This is because most students don’t realize yet that there are several steps to follow in order for them to land on the right topic and title for their research paper writing. Some may even find themselves caught in the hassles of changing topics every now and then because they realize in the long run that what they opted for is difficult to accomplish.
With so many ideas in mind, the researcher often ends up confused and undecided. In this case, all you need to do is make up and decide according to the following standards:
* Think of early leads. Usually, knowing what you want to accomplish will help you land on topics that are viable. Think of a problem that constantly affects the field you are in and that are not yet addressed by previous researches.
* Improve a previous study. In your college or university libraries, look for previous research papers done by former students. Research is a continuous endeavor. Dwell on the recommendations done by others. There you will find a good starting point to begin your quest.
* Select a Topic within your field of interest. You can never put your heart into something which is out of your line. A medical student could definitely not write about communication theories and business tactics because the field of interest primarily encompasses health and fitness.
* In case you already have a topic in mind, take some time to look for background information. If you think it will be difficult for you to find resources or references, then you will need to revise the topic or view it on a different angle to deal with this setback. Review of related Literature is a sensitive portion of any research paper writing that all you have to do is gather related manuscripts that could support your study.
* Search for keywords which are related to your topic. This is useful in constructing the tile. Create a diagram or concept map of the most important terms that could be associated with your topic. Fuse the ideas altogether and be able to make a list of potential titles.
The topic and the title should be coherent with each other. The primary principle for research papers is for you to have a unifying concept so that measures of your study could work efficiently for the completion of your task.