How to Write the Dissertation by Understanding its Sections
The thesis writing becomes a tough job especially in the beginning when a writer sets off for the first half of it. Sometimes, the start is quite difficult because everything comes crowding into the mind and eagerness to finish is so intense. The writing of the dissertation is a step-by-step process that includes the accomplishment of little tasks to complete a huge portion. Here are several things to understand on how to write your dissertation:
1. Understand that it is a formal writing which requires a title page or a cover page. This should include the title of the thesis, the writer or the name of the one who wrote it, school name and course. This is the lone sheet in the paper that needs no page number.
2. The Table of Contents is where the list of the sections in the thesis is found with the corresponding pages. Commonly, this page is used to ease out the search for anything in the dissertation especially when trying to locate for specific tables and findings.
3. The Abstract is the summary of the paper by presenting the problem and what transpired during the researcher’s conduct of the study. This is supposed to become a little mirror of the huge task. The nature of the study should be revealed in this portion.
4. The body of the thesis follows with the introduction of the topic covered. The introduction should cover the goal of the thesis. If you are sure with what you really have to achieve and how to achieve it, then there is no huge problem when it comes to knowing how to write your dissertation. Setting the goal will streamline all other ideas into a specific claim which becomes the real essence of your paper. The introduction should contain the scope of your study as well as the respondents involved.
5. The methodology highly depends on the subject you are going to tackle. This portion often includes the materials used, the quantity of the materials and the specification of the procedure.
6. The main body will provide the argument which you are trying to prove. The results of your study will be revealed and analyzed anchoring such analysis on the argument presented. See to it that whatever result or findings you will end up with is vivid and strong enough to support or nullify the thesis claim you have set in the beginning.
7. Conclusions will summarize the new concepts discovered along the conduct of the study. This will also aim to explain what factors have brought about the results according to the procedure you have followed.
8. Recommendations portion is set to give an idea on how the study could be furthered improved or how the findings in your study could be used to conduct another supporting study or to make interventions in solving any problems discussed thereafter.
9. A Citations page should not be forgotten whenever you want to know the answers on how to write your dissertation. The references are important in making your claim something worth your time by providing ideas that stand firm on your arguments. Citations are important to avoid plagiarism and to make your study a more scientific claim.